- Only one in four children eat five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- The British Medical Association predicts that by 2020 over 30% of children aged 2-15 will be clinically obese
- Treating obesity and related illnesses cost taxpayers three billion pounds per year.
The KCS solution: KCS on Wheels!
Here at KCS we are always looking for ways teach kids to cook and learn healthier eating habits. In late 2009 we rolled out our first mobile cooking facility.
- Ahead of time someone will come to your site and complete a health and safety risk assessment.
- On the day of your session, the KCS van will roll up to your site complete with a highly qualified chef and assistant.
- We will transform your space into a kitchen complete with a demonstration table, two ovens, a handwashing basin, and a kitchen sink.
- We can do up to three sessions per day in your facility. At 16 students per session, thats 48 students a day!
- A day's booking costs 600 pounds.
- Call us today to enquire or make a booking!
A Day in the Kitchen with KCS Mobile...
The KCS team gets there early and unloads their ovens and other cookery items into your venue. After preparing everything necessary for the day, the kids come in. During the next hour, our Chef and support staff work with your kids making a meal. The children get to take home their food and a recipe so they can recreate it at home. Not only do KCS sessions teach kids how to cook, they all include a bit about nutrition and healthy eating! Best of all, When KCS is done, they do all the clean up and leave your space ready for the next days activity.
Where We Work...
We can come to your school in any borough of London. In the past we have worked with primary schools, secondary schools, and special schools, we have worked with community groups, in community centres and childrens centres. We have also completed programmes with MEND and Wandsworth PCT NHS. We have even worked at outdoor events including running cookery workshops at Borough Market and various food festivals across the UK. With only a few venue requirements we are able to work with any group (children, adults or family workshops) at any venue.
Please call us to discuss further on 02089928882 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org